The Customer Service Representative (CSR) is a pivotal role within the Contact Center that receives, investigates, and resolves customer inquiries originating from phone, fax, email, chat, and other communications channels. The CSR will respond to customers using the customer’s preferred method of communication and do so within a courteous and timely manner. The efficient utilization of various software applications is an essential part of this role, including internal and external websites, telephone systems, CRM applications and other resources. The CSR will enter applicable supporting information into systems and web forms on an application via computer. All transactions must be conducted accurately, courteously, and in a timely manner.
- Answer inbound telephone calls, chats and emails in a courteous, timely, and professional manner following established guidelines and policies
- Perform research within other systems to resolve caller inquiries, such as identifying a person’s case status and any missing information associated with their case
- Make outbound calls as necessary based on business needs
- Document interactions using a provided Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system
- Maintain a high degree of quality with each customer interaction as measured by internal quality monitoring forms and customer satisfaction surveys.
- Follow-up established escalation process for customer inquiries requiring more investigation and/or a higher level of support
- Use frequently asked questions (FAQs) and help look up and provide information to inquiries
- Utilize departmental knowledge bases and training material to answer customer inquiries
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of policies and procedures as applicable
- Adhere to published schedule according to attendance guidelines
- Perform other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Skills
- High School diploma or GED required
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree preferred
- One-year customer service or contact center experience preferred
Skills and Abilities
- Must be able to read and speak English clearly, professionally and fluently
- Excellent listening and human relations skills
- Must have the ability to organize simultaneous tasks for individual assignments and understand the process or workflow of each inquiry resolution
- Strong typing and writing abilities
- Ability to respond appropriately to changing situations
- Proven ability to work as a team member
SQN Systems, Corp. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.