• Responsible for designing, building and administering a secure cloud platform based on industry standards, best practices and guidelines
• Determine technical standards and specifications and lead the design, build and support of shared services cloud platform components
• Provide professional support services and/or the integration of their respective
• Responsible for designing, building and administering secure databases on AWS cloud
platform based on industry standards, best practices and guidelines
• Implement the products based on best practices
• Review the current architectural landscape and make appropriate recommendations.
• Must be able to compare various solutions and determine the one which best fits the
• Designs, develops and maintains infrastructure and backend applications.
• Provides experience in web application technologies and middleware solutions.
• Researches new technologies and products for their applicability to business processes.
• Provides tier 1 and tier 2 support for the platform.
A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university with a major in Computer
Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or other related scientific or technical discipline.
• This position requires a minimum of four (4) years of experience in System
administration and development experience
• At least two (2) years of experience working with design and implementation of systems and applications at Amazon Web Services (AWS).
• Setting up administrator and service accounts and troubleshoot creates/updates and
Maintains system documentation interacts with users and evaluates vendor products,
deep understanding of monitoring AWS instances and services.
• Amazon Web Services (AWS) platform capabilities and best practices architectures, and engineering solutions within multiple Cloud accounts and services.
• Experience working in AWS via the CLI and management console.
• Experience working with administrator and service accounts and troubleshoot
Creates/updates and Maintains system documentation Interacts with users and
evaluates vendor products.
• Operations for firewalls, routers, and switches and the ability to formulate access control lists (ACLs) via the Command Line Interface (CLI).
• Strong knowledge of software evaluation principles and practices.
• Development and implementation of vulnerability remediation strategies.
• Configuration and execution of vulnerability and web application scans.
• Two (2) years of experience in installing, configuring, upgrading, migrating, backing up,
restoring, troubleshooting, and tuning RDS/Aurora DB databases in a large 24×7 production environment on AWS cloud.
• Two (2) years of experience working with various AWS RDS databases such as PostgreSQL, MySQL and SQL Server databases,
• Experience in Developing and implementing the backup, recovery, and cloning of all
• Experience collaborating with cross-functional global and remote teams with diverse
• Demonstrating good interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
• Understanding of the AWS Well-Architected Framework
SQN Systems, Corp. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.