- Responsible for designing, building and administering a secure cloud platform based on industry standards, best practices and guidelines.
- Determine technical standards and specifications and lead the design, build and support of shared services cloud platform components.
- Provide professional support services and/or the integration of their respective products.
- Responsible for designing, building and administering secure databases on AWS cloud platform based on industry standards, best practices and guidelines
- Implement the products based on best practices.
- Review the current architectural landscape and make appropriate recommendations.
- Must be able to compare various solutions and determine the one which best fits the need.
- Designs, develops and maintains infrastructure and backend applications.
- Provides experience in web application technologies and middleware solutions.
- Researches new technologies and products for their applicability to business processes.
- Provides tier 1 and tier 2 support for the platform.
A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university with a major in Computer
Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or other related scientific or technical discipline.
- This position requires a minimum of four (4) years of experience in System
administration and development experience.
- At least two (2) years of experience working with design and implementation of systems and applications at AWS.
- Sets up administrator and service accounts and troubleshoots.
- Creates/updates and maintains system documentation, interacts with users and
evaluates vendor products.
- Deep understanding of monitoring AWS instances and services.
- AWS platform capabilities and best practices architectures, and engineering solutions within multiple Cloud accounts and services.
- Experience working in AWS via the CLI and management console.
- Knowledge and experience architecting and configuring Virtual Private Clouds VPCs).
- Experience working with administrator and service accounts and troubleshoots, creates/updates and maintains system documentation, interacts with users and
evaluates vendor products.
- Development and implementation of vulnerability remediation strategies.
- Configuration and execution of vulnerability and web application scans.
- Experience with automating server configuration for security including logging, key changes, and system hardening.
- Experience writing process requirements, technical design documents, and standard operating procedures.
- Experience collaborating with cross-functional teams with diverse backgrounds.
- Demonstration of good interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Understanding of the Amazon Web Services (AWS) Well Architected Framework.
- Two (2) years of experience with Ansible, Ansible Tower experience is preferred.
- Two (2) years of experience working with Windows AMI is preferred.
- Two (2) years of experience implement Linux/Unix Security and privileges access.
- At least one (1) year of experience in terraform or similar infrastructure automation is preferred.
- Proven technical knowledge of network, internet systems, databases and operating systems including Microsoft in AWS.
- Working knowledge of programming languages, including Perl, Python, and shell
- Proven experience in overseeing the design, development, and implementation of
software systems and related products.
- Proven experience with systems planning, security principles, and general system
management best practices.
SQN Systems, Corp. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.